Help, what is this?

Pete1122

I was trying to clean up some wires in my battery box and one of my connections snapped right off. What are these boxes? Where can I find a replacement? Clearly I want to wire these all up with new boxes, these look pretty bad with corrosion.

Mike

post-7129-0-92809500-1379200995_thumb.jp

I was trying to clean up some wires in my battery box and one of my connections snapped right off. What are these boxes? Where can I find a replacement? Clearly I want to wire these all up with new boxes, these look pretty bad with corrosion.

Mike

They are self-resetting DC circuit breakers. You can get new ones at just about any auto parts stores. 15, 20, 30, 40, 50 amp, etc. Just read the number on them.

I'm running a stock converter from my 1989 Warrior, I do want to upgrade one day to a 45 amp three stage converter. With that in mind what size should I get?

Size for what? Are you getting a bare converter or a converter/power-center? If the latter it will have it's own breakers and fuses. Only extra protection I can think of that you might need is on the charge wire that runs from your isolator (or relay) in front - to the "house" batteries or converter in back. Fuse or breaker size will depend on the size of that wire.

Those little breaker are often used when a small applicance is tapped into a big wire. If that is your case - match breaker size to whatever it is powering.

I was referring to the size of the breakers that you listed, I guess I'm confused why I even need them or are they stock on all Warriors?

They are stock in Winnebago Micro Warriors. Three circuit breakers. #1 goes between the isolation relay and the coach battery (30 amps). #2 goes between the coach battery and control center (30 amps). #3 goes between the coach battery and refrigerator (15 amps).

These are standard ole self resetting circuit breakers. They are probably 30amp. They are standard on all RVs and in all electric circuits. Their purpose is to protect the wiring and distribution system.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

These are standard ole self resetting circuit breakers. They are probably 30amp. They are standard on all RVs and in all electric circuits. Their purpose is to protect the wiring and distribution system.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Two 30 amp breakers on the two circuits with 10 gauge black wire. 15 amp breaker on the circuit with 16 gauge wire that powers the refrigerator.

post-6578-0-58103100-1379268033_thumb.jp

I got my new circuit breakers from Farm & Fleet locally and they were about $3 each. Due to the cost, I replaced all of the old ones. Mine were corroded.

I installed a new Progressive Dynamics converter because my old converter got so hot that you could not touch it. I just cut the old wires off and connected them right to the new unit. I am still using the old power distribution panel with its fuses and breakers.