Dolphin exterior cleaning

ercoupe27

Ercoupe - I have a 1982 Sunrader and the best product I have found is made by 3M - there are 2 types- One is called Fiberglass Restorer and wax (Prod. No. 09005) and is meant for heavily oxidized gelcoat finishes and the other is Fiberglass cleaner and wax (Prod. No.09009) and is meant for lightly oxidized gelcoat finishes. These products have worked great for me. I have also used a product called Gelgloss but it didn't work as well. Once you have restored the gelcoat, you should continue to use a good Carnuba based wax for maintenance. I hope this helps. I found these products at Mallwart but they should also be available at any good marine supply company.

Bill

I found a recipe for a fiberglass cleaner on tahoo groups. It worked very well for me although I bumped up the baking soda amounts for the more stubborn parts. Best of all, it was dirt cheap. You probably already have the stuff in your cabinet.

1 cup ammonia

1/2 cup white vinegar

1/4 cup baking soda

1 gallon warm water

I am reciting this from memory, so you might want to go to the yahoo groups and do a search on ammonia, vinegar, baking soda.