I think I blew a fuse, but cannot find it...

bufbooth

I have a 1990 Toyota Odyssey and it has a Winegard DC plug outlet to power a TV.

I openned up the Winegard outlet box to see if I could wire in a fan and in the process

of putting the metal cover back on the box, I pushed it down too far (missed the lock points)

and the cover ended up touching the positive wire, causing it to ground out. As a result,

I no longer has any power (should be 12 volts). I figured that I blew a fuse. I checked

the two fuses under the sink area and they were fine. I checked the trucks three fuse

boxes (the 10 or so on the drivers side, the two on the passenger side, and the 6 or so

under the hood). All were okay, I used a meter to check them.

I was able to test the ground and positive wires going into the Winegard box and the

ground is fine, but the positive is dead. T

It sounds like there is another fuse, but I cannot locate it.

Does anyone have a suggestion or a wiring diagram?

Thank you,

Dennis...

Ah, Mr Bufbooth, so you have a name.. Howdy Dennis.

I don't know your version of the motorhome but do you not have a separate coach battery housed somewhere in the coach ? In my Dolphin everything in the coach is dead if I disconnect the coach battery.

Find the coach battery. Sometimes there is more than 1 set of wires going to the + terminal and often you will find inline fuses right near the lug on the battery. I had an inline fuse (cylindrical type) that had a rusted out spring, hence there was no contact whatsoever with the fuse. I replaced it with a modern spade type inline fuseholder.

Unless you are running something off the main battery, don't bother looking at the cab/chassis Toyota fuses.

Keith

After sleeping on it, I took another review of the motorhome and realized that on my curcuit breaker

there was a small 4 x 4 inch panel that was bolted down, and in small print there was a label that

stated DC replacable fuses. Sure enough, I took the panel cover off and there was 4 fuses with

one of them blown. I replaced the fuse and all was well.

So, my motorhome has two fuse boxes under the hood, two fuse boxes in the cab, two inline fuses

under the sink, a curcuit breaker (5 curcuits), and a 4 fuse panel on the curcuit breaker.

Dennis...

• 3 months later...