Installing child seats in a Dolphin

My wife and I are considering buying a 1982 Dolphin and we have a nine-month-old son. We are wondering if there's any legal and safe way to install a child seat maybe bolted to the frame behind the passenger seats. CAn anyone advise us on options? Thanks...

• 6 months later...
We are wondering if there's any legal and safe way to install a child seat maybe bolted to the frame behind the passenger seats.
There is no room behind the cab passenger seat. I think you would have to attach baby seat to seats in the coach. As to the legal thing, consult your local sheriffs dept or police dept.

As to the safety part of this - :lips-sealed: . I drove tractor trailer over the road and have seen to many accidents to comment.

• 1 month later...

I have scene a seat belt frame built with angle iron but I am pretty sure that there is a sticker in the dolphin that says "its against safety rule for a person the ride in back" or something like that. I don't think its a good idea. I will take a picture of the sticker.

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since your post,I just read it.I dont know the if you still need help but if you do or maybe someone else does, here is what I have.My seatbelts are mounted to the frame under the dinning seats with bolts.From the factory.The belts come up through the wood then lap over the seats.Its the same on both sides.As far as being legal,it is on mine im sure it will be for yours to.If your cab is open to the rear of your RV it is legal,just like riding in the back of a van.Good luck.

post-1399-1208403536_thumb.jpg

post-1399-1208403553_thumb.jpg

post-1399-1208403568_thumb.jpg

post-1399-1208403584_thumb.jpg

Edited by TexasToy