I just purchased my 1st Toy home. It's a 90 Itasca V6. I have a couple of questions. Should I run a 180 or a 195 thermostat? I know the plus and minus of both,but not as they pertain to this vehicle. I'm installing an MSD coil for a "hotter" spark and would like a performance distributor cap and rotor ,but can't find a manufacturer. HELP Thank you.

Edited by JPNEWYORK

I think there's a difference in thermostat temperature settings between the 22RE and 3VZ (V6). I think the V6 is 190 or 195, but I could be wrong and don't have my owners manual handy. IMHO, you can' go wrong following Factory specs.

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'performance' cap and rotor. I guess if you really want to have something 'better' than a good OEM part, you can try these:-

http://www.lceperfor...1-p/1081010.htm

http://www.lceperfor...1-p/1081011.htm

I'm not sure they'll give you anything beyond 'bragging rights'. :ThumbUp:

Where are you in NY?

As for performance cap and rotor I agree with Derek, as a Toyota tech for over 20 years I have seen more people throw away the good Toyota caps or wires and then have trouble or short life out of the aftermarket one.

Toyota oem parts are very good and will normally go life of vehicle which can easily be 2-300,000 miles. If I wanted to make sure all is good I would buy the Toyota parts. Just my opinion based on my experience.

Jim