Leaking shower

Monkey1

So, let's say the seller states that when the water pump is turned on there is a leak in the piping of the shower. The leak is somewhere in the wall that seperates the shower itself from the stove. Do I have a major issue

here or is this something that can be easily repaired? This may be the deciding factor on wether or not I buy this TOY.

Input is greatly appreciated.

Monkey1

Maybe / Maybe

My Dolphin has a small door outside that I can see some of the plumbing for the shower, and I can also see some of it from the cabinet under the stove.

Inspect to see if you can determine exactly where the leak is,, water dripping., wet carpet under the stove

NOTE - Are you sure its coming from the shower or is it really the winter drains.

If its coming from the shower facet itself, or the plumbing going up to the shower facet, its a fairly easy repair, I cut a hole (use a sharp razor knife (box cutter) in the kitchen wall so I could get at the back of the shower facet. After I replaced the shower facet, I used a piece of stainless to cover the hole. The Stainless looks like its part of the stove splash, so it blends in very nicely. If you don't have Stainless, you could use almost anything, i.e. frosted lexan or plexiglass, or a small piece of masonite.

Shower Replacement

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Any leaks i have ever found were the result of lines separating at joints due to freezing. a result of improper weatherization. In my experience, you simply push the lines back together and they hold fine....till the next time they freeze. I believe they are designed this way so they separate rather than burst.

As John said, accessing the problem is 90% of the battle. Fixing it is easy.