Generator Info

Monkey1

Howdy. I'm getting a TOY!!! What size generator will I need to power everything? I'm thinking of a portable one.

Do I need 3200 watts, ,or 4000 watts or 5000 watts? I haven't a clue.

Thanx,

Monkey1

Hi Monkey1--our Itasca toy doesn't have a built in genny so we purchased a Honda 2K and find that it handles all our needs nicely. Our rooftop AC is the 7200btu model, so the Honda runs that just fine. We have to monitor our useage when we want to run the microwave or anything else that is a big power draw, but the little Honda does all we could want. Good luck in your search and with your new Toy.

I am also purchasing a Honda 2k to run my Toyhouse when needed. I have a 6500 watt gen set but would never take it anywhere but to a job site. That thing is LOUD. The Hondas just purr along and burn very little gas. I was talking to a guy with a Toy MH at a truck stop in WI last week and he was running down the highway with hte Hondas runnig and the roof air going. He said that he could not hear the Honda and the only reason he knew that it ran out of gas was the A/C stopped.

I recently went to an auction that had a low hour Honda 2k and was looking for a deal. The gen went for $1300, I can buy a new one down the road for $950 right now. Some people go nuts at auctions.

There is only one reason to need a gennie, IMO. That would be for AC. If you can get by without AC, just buy a decent inverter and maybe upgrade your house battery. You can also add PV cells at a reasonable price which eliminate having to run the engine just to keep the house battery topped off.

86rader' There is only one reason to need a gennie, IMO. That would be for AC. If you can get by without AC, just buy a decent inverter and maybe upgrade your house battery. You can also add PV cells at a reasonable price which eliminate having to run the engine just to keep the house battery topped off.

Our microwave uses more amps than the AC, 10.5A max, the AC uses 5.5A. vanman