Sunrader

JamesCA

Mini-Motorhome Enthusiests,

I am considering buying a Toyota mini-motorhome, preferably an automatic Toyota Sunrader. I have two small children who are still using car seats. Does anyone know if most of the Sunraders come with seatbelts on the swivel chairs and benches? I noticed on one of the Sunrader brochures from this website that the Nissan model comes with a V6 model. Any differences between the Nissan and Toyota Sunraders?? Anything to keep in mind or to look for when shopping around? Are parts still available? I fully understand that these are hard to come by and highly sought after. I've seen a few pop up for sale in my area (SF bay), but most are manual transmissions. Thanks in advance for any help.

James

Howdy James.

All the seats on my 86 Sunrader have belts. This includes the swivels and the bench. Always check the rear axle for 6 lugnut dual wheels. This is the heavy duty version which is what you need. My Sunrader weighs around 5800 pounds, so you can see the need for the heavy duty rear axle. I strongly suggest you bounce on the floors in the house part and rap on the walls. This checks for rot. Also watch for water stain areas any where. Most of all read here religiously, the Dudes and Dudettes here answer a lot ofoff the wall stuff, plus read the archives. Lots of info there.

P.S. Wanna run for pinks ?

Thanks Shoprat. I will definitely keep those things in mind when shopping around. I always like to have a local shop do a pre-purchase inspection of a vehicle, but their focus is more mechanical. So putting on a "home-inspector" hat never hurts when inspecting the inside cab. Although taking it to a motorhome dealer wouldn't hurt either. This site is verrrrry useful. Lots of information to digest for a newbie. Thanks again.