Toyota Dolphin on Ebay?

beatnic

Hello again folks, just wondering if anyone has looked at the Dolphin on Ebay... there are a couple days to go in the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-Toyota-Dolphin-Motorhome-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb5997effQQitemZ260744773375QQptZRVsQ5fCampers

Don't suppose the seller is a member on here maybe?

Any thought on the pictures of the water damage on the bed area floor and under the bathroom sink. We're considering bidding but Wisconsin to Paducah is a long way to be bummed out.

Can anyone offer any ideas of other questions we could ask that could highlight 'deal breaker' issues?

Thanks again

Hello again folks, just wondering if anyone has looked at the Dolphin on Ebay... there are a couple days to go in the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...tZRVsQ5fCampers

Don't suppose the seller is a member on here maybe?

Any thought on the pictures of the water damage on the bed area floor and under the bathroom sink. We're considering bidding but Wisconsin to Paducah is a long way to be bummed out.

Can anyone offer any ideas of other questions we could ask that could highlight 'deal breaker' issues?

Thanks again

Well, it looks like the seller is trying to give a clear assessment of the issues he is aware of - doesn't seem he's trying to hide the problems. The water damage shown wouldn't scare me too much as long as the leaks are fixed and the structure is still sound. I don't know if there is a reserve, but I would say it is a steal at the starting bid price. The "buy it now" price may be a good deal, but I would want a really close inspection before committing to it. When camping season gets in full swing, it may be worth a couple grand more than it is today. The mileage is certainly nothing to be afraid of, but it would be important to make sure the head gasket recall has been taken care of - if it has not, Toyota MAY still do it, even though the recall is expired. You certainly need the date codes on the tires. 6 - 8 years old, plan on replacing them soon. More than 8 years old, look for new tires before you drive it home. Also, check the air bag suspension and make sure it is still holding air.

Well, so far so good: the seller is answering our questions and posting additional pics as fast as we ask for them. We're really interested and are getting close to committing to bid on it. Then we'd have an 84 Sunrader to sell... anyone interested?