Drain Valves Leaking??

warrior92

I have a 92 Winnebago Warrior and yesterday it got a bath due to very nice weather. After the bath i decided to hook up the water to the unit and check for leaks. I also started up my hot water heater for the first time as i am a new owner of this motorhome. I've only owned it two months now.... Anyway water was hooked up and running as i started checking under the sinks for leaks. I have two dump valves or drains under the kitchen sink with little metal pull tabs on them. It looks like they leaked a little when i first turned on the water. I pulled them up and released water under the coach a few times and then closed them. The leak appeared to stop. But i did notice some corosion around the top of the valves. It looks like one of them or possibly both seeps water while under pressure. Will these valves seal up or do you think i should look into replacing them. One more thing while giving my coach a bath i did see that my roof does have a sag in it from the weight of the AC. No water leak found while washing but the area did hol water. Has anybody gone on the inside and added additional bracing to the roof to take this sag out?

Eddie in Texas

Okay i will see about getting them apart to check the orings. Has anybody taken these out and put a different type of valve back in the place of these? If so what valves did you use? These valves look to be about 5 or 6 inches long the water lines hook up to both ends. In the middle they have a pull valve that sends the water under the coach outside when you pull them up.

Eddie

Haven't had to do it, but these guys seem to be 'biggies' in the field. They might even be the original suppliers or offer something that would be a direct fit.

http://www.valterra.com/RV/rv-main.htm

On FleaBay:-

http://motors.shop.e...n=&_trksid=m270

Other Brands:- BLADEX, GRENTEC, ANONDA, LARDEN, AND BRISTOL

These are not the sewer dump valves. These are the ones that will release all the water from the lines. These are actually under the oven in my toy home. If you crawl underneath the coach there are two clear tubes coming from these to let the water dump out on the ground. On a plumbing print for a Winnebago Warrior i believe 90 model that i pulled from this forum they show them to be actually called "header Drain 52961-01-000" from what i can tell.

Tom. W when you replaced the O-Rings how did you take these apart. They look like one complete molded piece. Once i take them up from the floor do they come apart from the underside?

As I remember I took the pull rings off and they slide out the bottom a lot easier than finding something that has to be re-plumed, I think I found the o rings at a fuel inj repair place,use a caliber to measure them some are close and won't work. I had a similar problem with the shower valves and did something similar. A side note mine has 4 drain valves the other two look like a three way valve and also drain out the bottom.

• 4 months later...

Eddie - I have a 91 Warrior and found the water release valve under the folding couch but what looks like valves under the oven (near hot water tank) don't have rings on them to pull up to release. Do you have a drain valve near the water tank itself to the left of water pump as well? What is interesting for me is that I pulled this valve open and the tank drained, but after pushing it back shut at one point to test it, it kept leaking onto the ground. I'm not sure yet if it is a matter of the O-Ring failing or something else.

On my Dolphin, there is an external fresh water drain. It looks like a small water spicket just below the fresh water fill port.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Ok - so I figured this one out. (I also posted the plumbing diagrams to the files section of this site). There are two drain valves under the fold-down couch on this particular model. They are about 8 inches from each other and near the pump. In this case, there was one valve of the two that was still open.

• 1 month later...

rather than replacing the o-rings, since i was unable to find any that would fit, on the drain valves that are located under the oven and range, i just took the o-ring off and put a little teflon tape around the drain plug where the o-ring goes, then slid the o-ring back on. the teflon tape makes the o-ring "expand" to fit the drain tube better. however, one of the drain valves under the couch broke when i was trying to unscrew the lines from it. It's unusable now so it has to be replaced with something. if anyone has installed any replacement drain valves for a '92 itasca or similar model, i would love to know what you used. i'm still trying to piece it together without much luck so far. thanks.