Spring Break Ideas Please Help?

warrior92

New Toy Home owner down here in Texas. We are wanting to plan a trip for spring break with the kiddos. We have 3 boys 6,7, and 8 years old. We want to try and take a trip with them but not sure of the right place. We fill the beach is out until summer. Not sure it would be warm enough for them to swim yet. Thinking of Carlsbad Caverns in NM but not sure it there would be enough stuff to keep them busy? Can anybody recomend a good spring break trip for kiddos???

Thanks

Have none of you guys and gals traveled to Carlsbad Caverns?? I was thinking that somebody on here could give information on the area..... Anyway i can't wait for spring. The wife and i were in the barn last night cooking fish in the fryer and had the stereo in the motorhome going! We had a blast and cant wait to take it camping in the spring. We are going to make a quick trip up to Winstar in Oklahoma in a few weeks. The have a rv park as part of the grounds. Looks real nice but more than anything i just want to take the motorhome on a trip!!!

Eddie in Texas

We are wanting to plan a trip for spring break with the kiddos.

I have never been to Carlsbad Caverns, so can't help you there. Unfortunately, the places I'm familiar with are a long way from Texas, but we once went on a great Spring Break trip with our son. Moab, Utah. It is a small town surrounded by National parks and recreation areas. Arches National Park is the most famous and it is spectacular! But Canyonlands Lands National Park is also amazing and absolutely huge. Bicycling or jeeping on the slickrock is an incredible adventure. It is also near the Anasazi ruins at Mesa Verde National Park and a little farther from the more accessible ruins in Chaco Canyon at the Chaco Culture National Historical Park. Closer than these attractions is Monument Valley where John Ford filmed some of his best westerns. The Moab area is beautiful in Spring - it is warm enough to enjoy the out doors and cool enough that you won't bake in the desert landscapes. The town itself has lots of good places to eat, microbreweries and other attractions. For a Spring Break trip with (or without) kids of any age, it is hard to beat!

I also took the kids to Yellowstone Park for Spring break one year. It is gorgeous and we all had a lot of fun, but it ends up being a slow motorcade on very busy roads and nights in crowded campgrounds. Worth seeing, but too many people to be truly enjoyable for me.

Good luck and have fun!

If you do Carlsbad Caverns (east of El Paso)

While in El Paso, I would recommend a day trip to Jaurez (pronounced War-ezz) if you have current passport . Park your ToyHouse on the US side and walk over

Speaking of the Beach - You MUST stop at White Sands (about 20 miles west of Alamogordo on US70)

(Visit the Space Museum while in Alamogordo)

Also check into Sun Spot, It a solar Observatory northeast of Alamogordo. They used to do tours.

Also - Vally of Fires - 35 miles north of Alamogordo. acient lave flow and historical ties to the Trinity Site (First Atomic bomb)

Lincoln National forest 35 miles Northeast of Alamogordo (Birthplace of Smokey the Bear)

Oh Yah and Roswell - 50 miles Northeast Home of ET

I was stationed at Holloman AFB (Alamogordo) back in the 70's, Loved this part of the country

JOhn MC

88 Dolphin 4 Auto