How to adjust Atwoodpilot light

Ken

Hi all,

I need some help please? My pilot light on my atwood water heater is too big, it used to have a small blue flame and now has a 2 inch yellow flame that is charring the metal anode above it. Is there a way to adjust the pilot? I have searched the manual and it says the pilot light is preset and does not show adjsutment. I have 92 toy winnebago. Any advice owuld be great, thank you.

Hi all,

I need some help please? My pilot light on my atwood water heater is too big, it used to have a small blue flame and now has a 2 inch yellow flame that is charring the metal anode above it. Is there a way to adjust the pilot? I have searched the manual and it says the pilot light is preset and does not show adjsutment. I have 92 toy winnebago. Any advice owuld be great, thank you.

Hi! I, too, have a '92 Winnebago (WT321RL - yours may be the more common WT321RB, but this information should be the same). I don't have the motorhome or the water heater manual at hand, but the motohome operator's manual has some information at page 8-5 including a picture that shows the "pilot light adjustment cover screw". I have previously posted a PDF of the manual - I will find a link and post it shortly. For now, I will try to explain it verbally.

There is a more-or-less square box with the temperature selection lever at the top. As you look at the face of that box, you will see the "Lighting Control (Reset) Dial" in the upper right quadrant. Immediately below that dial is a screw - that is the "pilot light adjustment cover screw". I have not actually looked at this - I'm just going by the picture in the manual. Anyway, I assume that the "pilot light adjustment cover screw" must hold on the cover over the pilot light adjustment. Logically, if you remove that screw, I would expect you could then remove the cover, under which I would expect to find some sort of pilot light adjustment. If you take off the cover, let me know what you find under it!

I have previously posted a PDF of the manual - I will find a link and post it shortly.

Here is a link to the operator's manual PDF. The picture I was referring to is at page 8-5.

Good luck!

Edit: I found the original scans. I have attached the scan of page 8-5.post-4382-057072800 1295235401_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the diagram, I ultimately solved the problem by reseraching online. There is a venturi hole on the nut that holds the pilot light under the anode. Once I cleaned this venturi/breather hole it corrected the problem and returned to the small blue pilot flame needed. Thanks again.

Ken