choose 30K miles or a good axle?

diana

Not much detail to base a recommendation on. But you can get a good axle for $200 and up and maybe $1000 installed. I'd go for 'condition' over 'axle'. Are you anywhere near Oregon? I think perhaps you are.

http://oregoncoast.c...2129193179.html

He'll reportedly accept $200 for a quick sale. A bargain if you're anywhere near.

thanks! i'm inclined to go for the 'new' rig too. local parts dealer was quoting over 1k for just the axle, so i will give this oregon source a call. can see this is going to become a project, but hopefully a fun one.

Not much detail to base a recommendation on. But you can get a good axle for $200 and up and maybe $1000 installed. I'd go for 'condition' over 'axle'. Are you anywhere near Oregon? I think perhaps you are.

http://oregoncoast.c...2129193179.html

He'll reportedly accept $200 for a quick sale. A bargain if you're anywhere near.

thanks for the welcome. i'm in northern california. first i need to go ahead and buy the rig - can't take time off work to go see it for myself, so am hiring independent 3rd parties to go inspect it, and an escrow company to do the paperwork. not a done deal yet. definitely not a scam but still first time i have made a purchase this way. i'll go get it in june, drive it home and have work done on axle here - unless, on second thought, i could have axle replaced there. devil's always in the details... anyway am delighted i found this model; it's perfect design for me - not too small and not too big.

So where are you located? If not near Oregon, perhaps I/we can turn up something closer. Obviously shipping an axle would be a bit inconvenient and expensive. It's not often you'll get the complete 'kit' for $200.

BTW, welcome to the Forum.