Potable water inlet.

Guest hiinthesky

Guest hiinthesky

I will be soon be picking up a 1987 Sunland Express that I recently bought. There is tape over the potable water inlet. Is there a reason for this othen then the cap is maybe missing...ect. What should it look lke under the tape. I do have an earlier post about buying this Toy , which I posted yesterday with pictures. I'm lookng forward starting this porject. I know absolutely nothing about Toys. So, in the coming months I'm sure I will have questions.

I thought I would get my Toy road ready as 1st priority and then hit some rallies to see what other owners have done to their Toys to give me a better idea of what is capable in regards to the limted space to work with. I SURE WOULD LOVE ANY PICTURES OF THE INSIDE OF REDONE TOYS THAT ANYONE WANTS TO SHARE!!! I bought the Toy sight unseen other then maybe a dozen or pictures(see earlier post).

or click here to return to the vehicle page.

MVC-008.jpg

I will be soon be picking up a 1987 Sunland Express that I recently bought. There is tape over the potable water inlet. Is there a reason for this othen then the cap is maybe missing...ect. What should it look lke under the tape. I do have an earlier post about buying this Toy , which I posted yesterday with pictures. I'm lookng forward starting this porject. I know absolutely nothing about Toys. So, in the coming months I'm sure I will have questions.

I thought I would get my Toy road ready as 1st priority and then hit some rallies to see what other owners have done to their Toys to give me a better idea of what is capable in regards to the limted space to work with. I SURE WOULD LOVE ANY PICTURES OF THE INSIDE OF REDONE TOYS THAT ANYONE WANTS TO SHARE!!! I bought the Toy sight unseen other then maybe a dozen or pictures(see earlier post).

or click here to return to the vehicle page.

MVC-008.jpg

I would use air to pressure test at the city water connection to see if there were any leaks in the water system. This tests everything but the water tank. If everything tests ok then I would add some water to the tank and look for any leaks around it. If you have leaks and can't see where it is coming from, connect to the city water using a presser regulator and turn the water on a small amount, do not want to flood the motor home. Start checking for water leaks. Might be a leaking sink to a split line. Hope this helps to discover if they just lost the cap or had major problems.