First night in my new dolphin!

krilov

Never stepped foot in an rv before and last night I slept in my new 1987 Toyota Dolphin! (more pictures soon)

I can' t thank you enough. The posts on this forum helped me a ton in researching and buying a rig. I don't know how I would have done it without your help. A special super duper thank you to Diesel_Aggie who was incredible helpful and generous with his time. For the past 6 months or more I read this forum and kept an eagle eye on craigslist. There are very few toyhomes that are for sale near austin. I think in the 6 months there have only been like 4 within a few hours of here. I was sure that I was going to have to fly and buy a rig. But then, out of nowhere, days before my birthday a beautiful dolphin popped up like 10mins from me! I was sooo happy.

quick tip. if you are shopping for a toyhome you can make a google alert and it will notify you the moment a someone post one on craigslist. click-> google alerts

The goal is to move gradually towards fulltiming and I really hope it works out. I look forward to learning about my rig so that I can help others in any way I can.

Question:

I'm plugged into shore power and every so often there is a short 1 second buzz/hum/vibration from the floor near the couch. It sort of sounds like an electrical fart. Should I be worried? Is it just the plates of the converter?

Thanks!

gallery_4277_236_156743.jpg

I look forward to seeing more pictures. This picture looks really nice! Looks like even the striping on the cab is not faded. Is that a CB antenna on the right fender? How is it hooked to the camper? It's certainly nice that you have the 6 lug wheels on the front too. Everything matches, you only need one spare and you can rotate front to rear to extend tire life. I guess not that big of a deal though as it's rare to wear out RV tires before they age out.

Remember to look at all the seals on the roof vents, windows, RV doors, clearance lights, etc. Industry guidelines are to reseal every 1-2 years. You may get away with longer in a temperate climate. In the Southwest, the UV rays break it down pretty quickly. It's a lot of labor to clean all the old stuff off and reapply but it's probably nothing you can't do. Just think about how much money you are saving as you scrape. If you use the warm weekends over the winter to do a little here and a little there, you'll be ready to go when camping season takes off. You certainly don't want any water leaks to ruin a nice camper like this.

If it's the water pump, you should hear the same noise when you open a faucet, though it might be harder to hear with the water running. What's happening is that you're slowly losing a bit of pressure in your water system and when the pressure gets low enough, the pump senses it and runs for a second to boost up the pressure. It could be as simple as a tap dripping.

Looks like it has Calif. plate, is that where it originally came from? Nice rig BTW