About an '84 Sunrader in Santa Barbara

TacomaSue

I am still looking for just the right Toy Sunrader... There is a very interesting one listed on Craigslist in Santa Barbara. I have not been able to copy this over to this list, but CL number for Santa Barbara is 2092466736. It is only 17' (my preference) and has the improved axel. Looks to be in good shape, but has a SALVAGE title. I talked to the owner who said it had been run off the road, but had been repaired and she was driving it with no problems---only a small dent on ceiling. (how small, a small dent is really a matter of perception). I cannot just pop over to see it, but if it really is in good shape, I would be really interested in this. Thanks so much to anyone who might be able to take a look at this or provide a report. Sue

Here's another CL showing pictures of 2 different vehicles. 1 short, 1 long. 1 rear dinette, 1 rear bath. 1 with front windows, 1 without.

http://santabarbara....2090963943.html

There's something fishy in Santa Barbara!

Thanks so much. Both these listings have the same phone number to call for information so I think that they are listed by the same person. I did not see that the placement of the windows was really different on the pictures of the rigs. You're right---very fishy. The person offered to send video via phone. Like many people right now, the seller is hard up for cash. Thanks again. I am very appreciative of your help. Sue

I find two things to be interesting on this Sunrader(s). There are no front windows and the mirrors are mounted on the fenders, not the doors. The only Toyotahomes I've seen with fender mounted mirrors are from foreign countries. While I actually like the closed off front windrows as it eliminates a leak point I have to be really suspicious about that combined with "a small dent on the roof". Maybe this was the impact area and closing off the windows was the cheap fix. Original windows are hard to find. If you can solve the RVs multiple personality disorder, I'd take a very long, hard and close look at the bunk area from inside and out. It would help to see a Sunrader that did not have damage first. Also, fiberglass does not dent....it shatters. So I'm confused there too.

On salvage titles in general, it may or may not be a big deal. If you look up blue book value on one of these older rigs it's almost nothing. www.nada.com and see the RV link. So a minor parking lot bump might be enough to total one out by insurance standards and create a salvage title. We all know they are worth a ton more than blue book. I'd say the more recent the salvage title, the more likely it is to be minor damage. I believe the rough industry guideline is to deduct 25% of value for a salvage title.

Where are you located? Tacoma, WA I'd guess from your name? What's your budget and are you only looking for a Sunrader?

Hi Seattleguy---good to hear from someone nearby. Yes, located in Tacoma. I am looking for a small motorhome like a small (18') Sunrader and I have begun to look at Chinooks because of small size, less wind resistance, etc. Recently looked at the Bandit that is listed in Bellevue---a big advantage is that it fits in a regular garage, but that truck is 34 yr old. Do you have a bead on a small MH, sunrader or other, that might be available? Sue