I havenoticed that the underside of my motor home is getting a little rusty it isjust surface rust and I want to stop it now before it affects the strength ofthe chassis, I was thinking of painting the all of the chassis and metal thatis showing signs of rust with hammerite a product that stops rust and returnsthe metal to its original properties.

What shouldI use this on and what not Chassis, leaf springs nuts and bolts etc. Will Ihave to use a separate product for the exhaust. If you could share what you areusing or what works best that would be great

Thanks

Danny

I havenoticed that the underside of my motor home is getting a little rusty it isjust surface rust and I want to stop it now before it affects the strength ofthe chassis, I was thinking of painting the all of the chassis and metal thatis showing signs of rust with hammerite a product that stops rust and returnsthe metal to its original properties.

What shouldI use this on and what not Chassis, leaf springs nuts and bolts etc. Will Ihave to use a separate product for the exhaust. If you could share what you areusing or what works best that would be great

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny--I like the Rustoleum product in a spray can called "Rust Convertor" Converts the rust to a hard paintable surface. Two coats and no further painting or protection needed. Have used this and a similar product from Kwik Kleen for many years on many different vehicles. Hope this helps---

I have noticed that the underside of my motor home is getting a little rusty it is just surface rust and I want to stop it now before it affects the strength ofthe chassis, I was thinking of painting the all of the chassis and metal that is showing signs of rust with hammerite a product that stops rust and returns the metal to its original properties.

What should I use this on and what not Chassis, leaf springs nuts and bolts etc. Will I have to use a separate product for the exhaust. If you could share what you are using or what works best that would be great

Thanks

Danny

Many good things are written about POR15. Sets up hard as nails. For the exhaust, you'll need something that will handle the heat, like manifold paint.

Many good things are written about POR15. Sets up hard as nails. For the exhaust, you'll need something that will handle the heat, like manifold paint.

ok thanks i used a under seal for underneath and the front it is wax and bitumen based I will search out some manifold paint