Swivel passenger seat

Kirby

Just wondering about adding the VW type swivel to the passenger seat of my sunrader so it could rotate 180 degrees and face the rear. I understand the seat cushion will be at the same level as the floor but it seems like it would be a cozy place to read or hang out when camping. Anyone tried this??

Those swivel seats are nice. I had one in my last V8 camper van. Usually there's open space "behind" them tho unlike the rear of the truck cab (tho some of it is cutout). I just don't see how much more convenient it will be to get up there and the cramped leg room (nothing in front of the seat unlike under the dash or in a van) might defeat the purpose. You ought to unbolt your current seat and turn it around and give it a test run?

Having a swivel seat might make retrieving stuff that we all like to pile upfront easier to get tho! B)

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt there's enough clearance to get the seat to swivel. The toy cockpit is not the most spacious one around. I do like the idea of flipping the seat around backwards. Ideally, it would be nice to have it mounted so that you could quickly unhook it and flip it around.

I doubt there's enough clearance to get the seat to swivel. The toy cockpit is not the most spacious one around. I do like the idea of flipping the seat around backwards. Ideally, it would be nice to have it mounted so that you could quickly unhook it and flip it around.

Also in order to clear the center tunnel you would need to raise it. Then you may run into head clearance issues.