Looking for Old User Manual

Geronimo

I have a 1987 Gulf Stream Conquest 21 foot motorhome and would like to find a copy of the users manual. I have the Toyota truck manual for the 1986 engine and chaisis it was built on. I need the one for the motorhome portion. Trying to figure out the wiring and battery configuration. Why it does not charge from the engine. Charges only by plugging it in to 120 v. Can it be retrofitted to charge form the engine? Thank you, Geronimo

jliszak@msn.com

The coach owners manual is probably the hardest thing to find. You might look in the pictures section here. I vaguely remember either seeing some brochures or manuals there. Set up a saved search on Ebay and maybe you will eventually get a hit. There are a few companies that specialize in selling auto literature and a Google search on "auto literature" will turn them up. I'd start asking every owner of a similar rig you come across if they have the coach manual. Maybe they will be willing to scan it for you. Then it could be shared with the 50 other people who probably need the same thing.

I assume we are talking about the house battery that is not charging off the alternator and not the battery that starts the truck. I see no reason the house battery couldn't be wired to charge off the truck. Some 7 pin RV plugs for travel trailers are set up to do this. My concern would be the alternator may not be powerful enough to charge the truck battery, run the A/C full blast, run all the running lights, stereo, etc. and still have reserve capacity to charge the house battery. I don't know what output the alternator is on the Toyota RVs. I'm sure there are local alternator shops (also some national ones like http://mean-green.com/products/index.html ) that can increase the output of your alternator.