I have a 1992 Winnebago, the sticker says to keep the tires at 50psi. And I have airbags at 70 psi. The ride in the back for my kids makes their teeth chatter. Should I lower the psi in the tires and bags? What do you think would give the smoothest ride while in the back? Thank you

I have a 1992 Winnebago, the sticker says to keep the tires at 50psi. And I have airbags at 70 psi. The ride in the back for my kids makes their teeth chatter. Should I lower the psi in the tires and bags? What do you think would give the smoothest ride while in the back? Thank you

Ken,

70 PSI seems real high for the airbags. I run mine at about 35 to 40 PSI, I found your post because I'm searching for ride height adjustment. I am concerned that I may have been running with the rear end too high which can effect steering, etc. My technical data is in the RV which is in storage. I'll follow up after reviewing same.

Ken,

I, too run my airbags at about the 40 psi level (now if only they would quit the slow leak). I tried higher and lower by putting my spouse in the back and heading for a bumpy road. She determined that she was most comfortable at about 45 psi.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Ken,

I, too run my airbags at about the 40 psi level (now if only they would quit the slow leak). I tried higher and lower by putting my spouse in the back and heading for a bumpy road. She determined that she was most comfortable at about 45 psi.

Dave

We run 50 psi in ours no matter the load, it seems to ride smoothly 83 huntsman

I have the same unit as yours keep the tires at 50psi-55psi air bags 40-60 rides not to bad maybe the roads are better here or the brand of tires?? are diff. Next year I'm going to have to replace tires don't have a lot of choice as to brands not that many available is this size, it did cross my mind about the ride changing with new tires.

• 1 month later...

I have the same unit as yours keep the tires at 50psi-55psi air bags 40-60 rides not to bad maybe the roads are better here or the brand of tires?? are diff. Next year I'm going to have to replace tires don't have a lot of choice as to brands not that many available is this size, it did cross my mind about the ride changing with new tires.

Thanks for all of your input, I am going to try to run the tires at 40 and the airbags at 35 and see if i can smooth it out, I only have problems on roads that are not perfectly smooth. The slow lane is often rough due to semi trucks pounding them, I usually drive in the number 2 lane.