We have just purchased a 1991 Warrior that has a rear mounted spare tire, we would like to put a hitch on it but are not sure what type or where is the best palce to mount it. Should we move the spare tire or mount under it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have the same unit the spare was under the back the orignal owner moved it to the rear bumper,as to adding a hitch I seen it done but you have to figure how to keep the weight off the rear end not much support in the back with (all that overhang) would really have to be done right.

• 2 months later...

We have just purchased a 1991 Warrior that has a rear mounted spare tire, we would like to put a hitch on it but are not sure what type or where is the best palce to mount it. Should we move the spare tire or mount under it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I most of the Toyota motorhomes that I have seen, you cannot mount a hitch to the

rear bumper due to it being too light / too weak. Actually, in most cases on can not even

put a few bikes on the back bumper, the weight of the bikes and the spare tire is too great.

You will probably have to have a steel beam welded across the rear most section of the

truck frame and then have a 5 to 6 foot hitch extended installed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the same bumper mounted spare. While, it is convenient to have the spare there when needed, how often do you need to access it? I think I will move the spare back underneath and use the tire mount to hold other junk, probably bikes.