LEAKY ROOF

lolalittle

The 89' Dolphin I bought in April with "no leaks" in fact leaks like a sieve. How do I save it?! I got hold of tree with the back upper passenger side ripping the corner seam open. It's Soaked inside and I would never have suspected leakage there, but I can point to many. What do you think is the best thing to do to seal it up? After it dries of course. Thanks. peace

The 89' Dolphin I bought in April with "no leaks" in fact leaks like a sieve. How do I save it?! I got hold of tree with the back upper passenger side ripping the corner seam open. It's Soaked inside and I would never have suspected leakage there, but I can point to many. What do you think is the best thing to do to seal it up? After it dries of course. Thanks. peace

TRy this

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1942&view=&hl=roof&fromsearch=1

Leaky roofs! We live in Portland, Oregon where it rains all the time. No matter what we did, we leaked. So my husband took off the trim and pealed off the aluminum from the roof. The wood was rotten so he replaced it with new plywood after he strengthened some of the rafters. Then he glued down a rubber roof. He used all the butyl tape he could on all the seams. Put back on all the vents and airconditioner. Now we never leak! It was worth the time and cost around $600 for everything - wood - new vents - new gaskets for everything - rubber roof material - screws - everything. He did pay a couple of guys for two hours to help him lay down the roof as well as put the air conditioner back on.