50--55mph

phil1956

have a 1984 dolphin [44000 miles] went on trip all i could go is 50 mph full of water and fuel, on the way back had a little wind , had dumped all my water. all i had was fuel, and all i could go is 55. is this all it can do, or is some thig wrong. thanks

Depends on your weight load, going up hill (even just a little bit), and running into a head wind.

My diesel would run 50-55 all day long on the flat with no headwind. Even do 65 down hill but going up the other side it was 35 mph and plenty of smoke.

You can do the normal things such as a compression check, tune up, new air filter, carb adjustments, etc. But if you are expecting to cruse at 70-75 you need to look for something else. I am able to run 70-75 in my 18' shorty V6 Sunrader but my fuel consumption goes down near single digits.

You are best to run on US highways and not on an interstate. Slow down and run 50-55. Less white knuckles and better fuel economy.

Doesn't sound at all right. Assuming you have a 22r you should easily be able to comfortably cruise at 60-65.

have a 1984 dolphin [44000 miles] went on trip all i could go is 50 mph full of water and fuel, on the way back had a little wind , had dumped all my water. all i had was fuel, and all i could go is 55. is this all it can do, or is some thig wrong. thanks