what is this stuff on my motorhome??

impending doom

I don't know what some of this stuff is. Some of it I have great guesses but i just want to make sure.. others I have no clue.

l_b87aaa9b8a9d49aa9b78ed73fc743cac.jpg

no idea.. its a switch, but i dont know what it does..

l_0c1980fcfc9048a88cd31e0cf3ec3305.jpg

above the fridge goes to no where. runs down along the fridge.

l_a730b49858194896b5c3c8972df9eecf.jpg

here is the frige.. what are the chances it works.. how long does it take to get cool if i turn it on electric.

l_2216670b90424314ac0c3634f6b8e595.jpg

i assume this is where i plug the hose in??

l_f4d170e1e1024f1ca096a23a5a3317d1.jpg

is this the sewer thingy?

l_3ebcf6e92300405fb7a98713a719ffbb.jpg

no idea, for cable?

l_700366658ed6413f88635524522a2013.jpg

also no idea.. i opened it and saw a spring i think..

I'll take some guesses allthough many much more knowlegable folks on here than me

#1-the swithch looks like one I have and it controls the charge fuction of the solar panel. One way charges house battery. The other the truck battery. Do you have a solar panel on roof?

#2-the wire looks to be three strand, almost like one of those cheap extension cords. Get the meter out, test it, then test it on shore power. I'd cap those bare wires until you figure it out or remove it. If you can, poke around to follow it to it's source. If it's powered on AC power, I'd get rid of it orreplace it with real ac wire / romex.

#3-Fridge will just have to be tried. If no manual, get the model# and check online for operating manual.

#4-That's your sewer or grey water thingy. Do you have 2 tanks or just one? Does this rig have a toilet? If not and only one tank, then that's your grey water drain.

#5-Looks to be an old cable hookup.

Good luck

From the top:

#4- fresh water input if your are camping at a spot with water. This will pressurize your water system so you don't need to turn on your water pump. I think you are supposed to screw in a pressure reducer and then the water hose to the pressure reducer.

#7- fresh water tank filler-upper. Carefully wiggle open the plug. It slides open like a drawer about 2 -3". Turn your hose on to a medium flow and put the end of the hose in the opening. When the tank is full, water will overflow. Be careful with the old plastic- it will be brittle.

Use a white hose that is for potable water for both of these. The taste from normal hoses is not so good.

Enjoy your rig!

From the top:

#4- fresh water input if your are camping at a spot with water. This will pressurize your water system so you don't need to turn on your water pump. I think you are supposed to screw in a pressure reducer and then the water hose to the pressure reducer.

#7- fresh water tank filler-upper. Carefully wiggle open the plug. It slides open like a drawer about 2 -3". Turn your hose on to a medium flow and put the end of the hose in the opening. When the tank is full, water will overflow. Be careful with the old plastic- it will be brittle.

Use a white hose that is for potable water for both of these. The taste from normal hoses is not so good.

Enjoy your rig!

thanks. ok well those both help.that switch is not for a solar panel i know that, but yea.. i guess i will have to do some more research.. how long does it take for the fridge to get cool?

thanks. ok well those both help.that switch is not for a solar panel i know that, but yea.. i guess i will have to do some more research.. how long does it take for the fridge to get cool?

about 3 hours to get really cold. You can check the freezer compartment after an hour or so and it should be cooler.

• 5 months later...

#7- fresh water tank filler-upper. Carefully wiggle open the plug. It slides open like a drawer about 2 -3". Turn your hose on to a medium flow and put the end of the hose in the opening. When the tank is full, water will overflow. Be careful with the old plastic- it will be brittle."

I'm curious why there are two freshwater inputs. I understand the need for a pressure reducer. , but not sure why he has fresh water inputs in two places. Also, when using a pressure reducer, do I need to have any of the faucets open? I would think that like anything else, there should be some need to relieve pressure so the system can fill up fully. Does this pressure reducer stop flow once the system is fully pressurized?

Thanks!

#7- fresh water tank filler-upper. Carefully wiggle open the plug. It slides open like a drawer about 2 -3". Turn your hose on to a medium flow and put the end of the hose in the opening. When the tank is full, water will overflow. Be careful with the old plastic- it will be brittle."

I'm curious why there are two freshwater inputs. I understand the need for a pressure reducer. , but not sure why he has fresh water inputs in two places. Also, when using a pressure reducer, do I need to have any of the faucets open? I would think that like anything else, there should be some need to relieve pressure so the system can fill up fully. Does this pressure reducer stop flow once the system is fully pressurized?

Thanks!

#4 is when you have a water faucet to run a hose form where you are parked.....such as an RV park or your house. This gives you an unlimited supply of fresh water provided you can leave your drain open....for instance an RV park with sewer hookups. The pressure from the water faucet provides you water pressure much like your house.

#7 is to fill the onboard water tank to take water with you when you won't be able to use a hose in #4. This was you have water if you stop at a rest area or camp somewhere there are no hookups....such as the middle of a National Forest. You only have as much water as your fresh water tank holds so you must conserve its use. Water pressure is provided by a 12 volt electric water pump that runs on demand. You open a faucet, the pressure drops and the pump kicks on. Your house battery (not the one that starts the vehicle) powers this.

The pressure reducer used when the hose is hooked up to an external faucet limits the amount of pressure the internal plumbing is subjected to. You don't need to have any faucets open unless you wish to use them. Once the system is pressurized water stops flowing assuming all faucets are closed and there are no leaks. All the pressure reducer does is reduce the pressure inside the RV. The system will work exactly the same without the pressure reducer but if you have a faucet with exceptionally high pressure it MAY create leaks inside the RV.