Roof Sealing

Ambroid

For several years I have used a commercial EPDM (rubber) roof restoration product on my R/V restorations with fantastic results. The product is called WhiteBrite. It is manufactured by Simon Roofing in the Youngstown, Ohio area. Several years ago the product received the New Equipment Digest magazine's Product of The Year Award. As a facility manager I was looking for a way to reduce my cost of replacing roofs on government buildings. After watching several roof restoration projects, it occurred to me that this product would be ideal for my RV's roof. If the manufacturer guarantees their product on a metal or EPDM roof for 10 years, it would be worth a try on a R/V. I applied the product to all my roof seams and penetrations with a 2 inch wide paint brush. The product is very flexible when dried. Being water based, it flows into cracks and depressions just as the water we are trying to keep out does. The real question, Did it work? After four years, NO LEAKS.

• 1 month later...

Where did you purchase the product? I researched it on the internet and emailed the Company but have not received a reply.

Have you tried calling their home office or one of their regional offices? If you are in the Ohio area, I will be glad to give you some of the product.

• 5 months later...

Wite-Brite

70 Karago Avenue

Boardman, OH 44512

(800) 523-7714

(330) 629-7663

FAX (330) 629-7399

http://www.simonroofing.com/single-ply-roof.html

Sue,

Like you I was favorably impressed with Ambroid's eval of this product. I intend to contact the company today and Price/research/purchase the product (If it doesn't cost a jillion dollars). I have 91 Spirit and regret to say my the pinholes in the aluminum roof are really driving me nuts, I fear rhe first cloudburst will fill my coach with wate. I have cleaned and waxed my roof but there doesn't appear to be anyway to toally remove/fill the pinholes(short of a EPDM (rubber) roof restoration product)

Edited by Gene S