How to remove Black water tank?

bear

How do I remove the black water tank on my 89 Itasca Spirit? The wood on the side of camper that is under the main floor it rotted and needs to be replaced. I may be able to replace it without dropping the the tank but just in case I can't, how do I remove it. I see the straps but wonder what else I need to undo?

• 2 weeks later...

Sawzall, safety glasses, face shield gloves!

I removed mine with minimal effort, the biggest concern will be cutting the pipes at the right spot to facilitate the reinstall, make sure that you leave enough striaght pipe to glue to or clamp a rubber boot.

Remember the yuck factor, hepetitis is a big concern messing around with black tanks. make sure to wear good gloves leather, sturdy...

Bag it in a bunch of heavy duty bags as soon as you get it loose and don't tip it, maybe some rags to stuff in the pipes?

Good luck

FYI, I ditched mine and got a pak a potti, I mean how often do you want to load up a tank and haul that stuff around? pak a potti is good for late night or emergency and easy to empty anywhere there iss a head.