rv 101

helloo

need help bought sunrader 21 feet. was wondering anyone out there to help with operations of appliances and know about maintance. will pay 100 bucks for inservice. I live in emeryville ca must be close driving distance. thank you.

I went to the orientation at Camping World. I have mixed feelings on the results. Since it cost nothing (coupon for free class was part of my Good Sam membership package), it was definitely worth what I paid.

They had someone walk us through how to turn off/on all the appliances and how to adjust temperature, etc. I probably should have insisted they actually light the pilot light on the water heater and the stove/oven - I'm sure they would have, but I didn't think to ask. They talked us through it and showed us where everything was on our rig, but didn't actually follow through. As I said - my fault.

The showed us how to open and close the awning (a very manual process for our 24-year-old box awning). This alone was worth the trip.

All things considered, I am now comfortable that I know how to use the appliances, and I can probably fill and empty the various tanks. I didn't think to ask about basic maintenance, but the guy who was walking us through everything seemed willing to cover any topic. We'll try this issue more once we know what to ask about.

For a first time RV user, I think this was worthwhile, but I wish I would have known what to ask about.

brad