Trip Report

jayemright

Hello All,

Just got back from a 2600 mile round trip (not including ferries) from New Brunswick Canada to Newfoundland, Canada in our 85 Sunrader. Thanks to all the good advice I got on this forum, the vehicle performed perfectly, and is really THE way to go for exploring this unique part of our continent. If you haven't been to Newfoundland and Labrador, you should go. It is a beautiful part of the world, right on the doorstep of eastern Canada and the eastern U.S. Having spent a couple weeks there, I will gladly give travel advice to anyone interested in heading that direction. With ferries, etc. there are a few things you should know, but there is nothing to deter you from exploring this unique part of our planet. Thanks again to all those who gave me advice on taking care of a few electrical problems before we left. Now I just have to replace the thermostat, which seems to be stuck open (much better than stuck shut) and adjust the valves, which a quite noisy when it is cold. Averaged around 15 MPG overall, and in that part of the world there are a lot of hills and a lot of wind. It would have really sucked to do it in a tent, and hotels and the like would have been way too expensive. I will post some photos later.

James