Hello,

I'm going to be looking at the attached 16' 78 Toyota Motorhome. Its seems there is varying imformation regarding these small motorhomes regarding the rear axle. If this ends up being a 5 lugger,

should I run away from it screaming. It has 68k and I was planning on driving her to Tucson from San Deigo, but now I'm scared regarding the axle issue...

What would you guys do....?

post-2990-1248151204_thumb.jpg

Edited by Siamslim

Hello,

I'm going to be looking at the attached 16' 78 Toyota Motorhome. Its seems there is varying imformation regarding these small motorhomes regarding the rear axle. If this ends up being a 5 lugger,

should I run away from it screaming. It has 68k and I was planning on driving her to Tucson from San Deigo, but now I'm scared regarding the axle issue...

What would you guys do....?

1978 is the last year of the first series (assuming it is not a 1977 sold and titled in 78). Run the VIN on carfax or autocheck to find out the actual year of the chassis.

Either way it has front coil springs not torsion bars like the later models and parts for it are hard to find.