Questions about 1987 23' EZ-Rider

nicktoyota

I'm looking a purchasing a 1987 23' EZ-Rider on a Toyota Frame with 4cy engine. The engine has 57,000 on it, and I'm having the complete running gear checked out by a Toyota dealer. It appears all original inside the cab and camper (matching interior).

Their asking $6000. Does anyone have an opinion on that price? Also, what do I need to watch our for on the camper? Was the EZ-Rider camper a good quality product? The stove, refer, heaters, etc, seem to work fine, all the lights work. So, other than firing each one up to test it, what else should be done?

The local camper store wants $250 for an inspection, but I'm sure I can do the same if I know what I'm looking for. I've read about rear axle problems, but this has a dual axle that looks good. Shocks look to be worn out, but that is an easy fix. Are air-shocks worth the expense in the rear?

Any advise anyone can offer is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm looking a purchasing a 1987 23" EZ-Rider on a Toyota Frame with 4cy engine. The engine has 57,000 on it, and I'm having the complete running gear checked out by a Toyota dealer. It appears all original inside the cab and camper (matching interior).

Their asking $6000. Does anyone have an opinion on that price? Also, what do I need to watch our for on the camper? Was the EZ-Rider camper a good quality product? The stove, refer, heaters, etc, seem to work fine, all the lights work. So, other than firing each one up to test it, what else should be done?

The local camper store wants $250 for an inspection, but I'm sure I can do the same if I know what I'm looking for. I've read about rear axle problems, but this has a dual axle that looks good. Shocks look to be worn out, but that is an easy fix. Are air-shocks worth the expense in the rear?

Any advise anyone can offer is appreciated. Thanks.

Nick,

I believe $6K is probably a very good price. if it checks out. I'm not familiar with EZ's or the dual axle models.

However, Tika, over at Toyota-Campers owns a 1986 model she purchased in 2001 at $6000 but I don't believe it has a dual axle. In her posts, she says she really loves hers. Here is a link if you want to read her experience.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota...p;charset=UTF-8

Regards,

Jerry

Hello, i have a 1986 EZ ryder 21' M-H bought it 2 years ago, they were asking $6,000 i got it for $5,500 cash. It has 75,000 miles. everything worked when i got it, has a 3kw Onan gen set, large awning & small one over sink/couch area. I love it! i am the third owner.It has the 6 lug axles. Air shocks in rear.

The only problem i've had is it won't go into O.D. and the frige (Dometic) gets cold in freezer but not reefer?? it seems to be a well built unit.

Nick,

I believe $6K is probably a very good price. if it checks out. I'm not familiar with EZ's or the dual axle models.

However, Tika, over at Toyota-Campers owns a 1986 model she purchased in 2001 at $6000 but I don't believe it has a dual axle. In her posts, she says she really loves hers. Here is a link if you want to read her experience.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota...p;charset=UTF-8

Regards,

Jerry

thanks for the input. I wanted to let you know I did purchase the 87 EZrider. Took it to the local Toyota dealer and it checked out like new. Compression within new car specs, even still has the 86 spark plug wires. Amazing how Toy's keep on running. Now i'm looking for tires. If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate your input on brand, price, and quality.

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by nicktoyota