Helwig Helpers or Ride-Rite?

dgerst

Hi,

My '85 Granville is a bit saggy and I'm seeking opinions as to what to do.

Suspension Connection has these http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bi...tml?id=GWHUPZJh Helwig split helpers on sale. I assume they won't give me as much lift as Firestone air springs but I'd probably be OK with only a few extra inches. I've also read the the Firestones ride a bit rougher than helper springs. The Helwigs are a much simpler install as well. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

DG

Well I have been doing some research myself and have found there is a few options. Greg has a link to a set for about $40.00 that will add 2k pounds and it looks easy to install. If you read thru the posts you will find the thread, I think it was "shocks vs. bags" or something of the sort. I bought a cheap pair of helpers for $29 that would handle 1k pounds but they where very cheap and the bolt broke when I went to attach one side so I returned them. I will end up getting a type where there is two u joints to fasten them instead of a bolt going over the leafs.

I do not know why some of these site have similar kits for hundreds of dollars, when the kit that everyone seems to prefer (it is even recommended for RV use) is about $40.

Good luck,

Hi,

My '85 Granville is a bit saggy and I'm seeking opinions as to what to do.

Suspension Connection has these http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bi...tml?id=GWHUPZJh Helwig split helpers on sale. I assume they won't give me as much lift as Firestone air springs but I'd probably be OK with only a few extra inches. I've also read the the Firestones ride a bit rougher than helper springs. The Helwigs are a much simpler install as well. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

DG

LOOK UP TIMBRENS.COM I had them installed and now excellent support and stability.

T.A.J.

Yeah,

I've looked at the Timbrens as well. Their FAQ indicates that they're designed to work with an existing suspension system that is in good shape. Did you get much lift from the Timbrens?

Thanks!

Dave

LOOK UP TIMBRENS.COM I had them installed and now excellent support and stability.

T.A.J.