roof leaks

What's up guys?

I just got a '78 chinook yeaterday. I've always had vws but I finnally turned to the dark side ;) I put the top up when it was wet, but not still raining. When I put it down all this water started dripping from the canvas. Where does all this water come from? I checked it when I put it down, and the sides of the tent seemed dry. there was also some drippage from one of the handles when I started driving today, I get that, but the tent thing is kind of a mystery...... The second time I did it, same thing. but I noticed I didn't seat the top all the way on one side, Is that the problem?

Any tips related to water dripping from the tent with the top down would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Charlie

• 4 months later...

Hi Charlie,

What do you mean by the "tent"?

I am having a problem where water is leaking into my closet somehow. I don't know if your chinook has this like foamy white material covering the walls of your closet and toilet area, but mine does. I think the water might leak from behind that white material somehow. Maybe through one of the rear lights or something? And then it seems like there's a drainage hole in the bottom of my closet that /purposely/ was created to let water out.

Naturally, I want to plug up wherever the water is coming in from because I just installed new carpets and I don't want them to get mildewy.

Do you have this problem where your closet leaks? I might be the only one, I don't know.

Thanks!

George