hippo seal for gray tank

wheelsea

trying a product that i found on line called hippo seal,,, says it will seal about anythingl, does anyone actually have any experience with this stuff? i can only hope it works i have a large crack almost 360 degrees around my gray tank where it fits to the pipe leading to the blade valve for dispensing, if it doesn't work can anyone tell me where i'd find a tank for such an old one off design such as this 86 sun land express ?? thanks and please reply

There is quite a lot of info over on the Toyota Mini Motorhomes group about this. Current thinking seems to be clean and sand the area to be sealed, wet the area with abs cement, apply fiberglass cloth to the wetted area, and wet the cloth with abs cement. Before doing this to check that the abs cement actually sticks. Apply a drop of cement to a sanded test area and 24hrs later try to scrape off the cement if it has formed a good bond you are set to go. This method makes good sense to me since the cloth reinforces the area, and almost all holding tanks are made from abs. Apparently you can buy a kit that does this or you can get the glasscloth at your flaps and abs cement at any hardware store.