Trailer hitches

cal2269

I would definitely use a weight distribution style for the loads. Too, with the axle issues, make sure to not overload and maintain fluid changes and brakes, yada, yada...Anyway, I went to Autozone's website and pulled up a couple different types. This was for a pickup, 2wd. I would look at the hitch frame you have first, and then take a trip or browse online for similar shaped hitches. Without looking to see how far back the frame goes and uniformity, I am uncertain, but hitches are usually hitches, they usually just match up to different frame shapes. You have a Toyota truck frame. Too, you can further take to say a Meineke and have them weld it to the frame, rather than bolting only. Hope this helps.

:ThumbUp::ThumbUp:

You pretty much have to fabricate any hitch that is going to be safe, you have to fix it to the Toyota frame, not the floor support frame that the motor home builder installed. I built my hitch and welded it to the frame just behind the spring shackles. Please dont rely on the secondary floor supports.........Tony

Thanks Tony,

I already contacted a fabricator just for that reason. He is going to build a new bumper assembly that extends out approx 18" that will allow for safe storage of two 5 Gal gas cans and accommodate the 2" tow hitch.thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

Tony,

Thanks for the info. I am having the rear springs re arced with two leafs added which will give the Mh a 2 inch rake unloaded. This should account for the rear bumper mod. At least according to my okie math. :ThumbUp:

Thanks again for you reply

Tony,

Thanks for the info. I am having the rear springs re arced with two leafs added which will give the Mh a 2 inch rake unloaded. This should account for the rear bumper mod. At least according to my okie math. :ThumbUp:

Thanks again for you reply

Tony,

Check out timbrens.com!