Why is it always difficult?

twokelleys

1. exchanged axle

2. now have 6 bolt rears,..5 bolt fronts

3. tried to buy a 6 lug wheel for a spare

4. found one 137 miles away..drove to pick it up

5. guy had a 5 bolt only

6. drove 137 miles back

7. found a wheel in pennsyvania.. had to send a money order, noo credit card, no check

8. Get wheel thing looking up

9. buy a spare wheel carrier, for 6 bolt wheel, folds out of the way.. dealer installs it

10. mount my old tire on dually wheel

11. dually wheel wont fit on new carrier

12. attemt to remove old 5 bolt spare from under coach carrier, to exchange wheels

13. find the old 4" square bumper is cracked, wont support new wheeel carrier, or allow removal of old spare from under coach

14. make appointment for the fabrication and welding of a new steel to frame contraption to support bumper and the new wheel carrier

15. still get to explain how I am getting the supreme joy involved with getting 20 mpg ( debatable ) , from the use of a diabolical japanese/ american motor home plot

.....and all this from the 1971 1972 Winnebago Design Director. I dont think that WWII is over yet !

I wish I could give you a good reason to explain the the mind set of the people who are being abused by these , ahhh, units ( yah ! That'll work), but I cannot ! Maybe it is the challenge of resurecting something that causes other people to giggle. Maybe it's a masochistic tendency that lies ( lays ?) dormant in some poor souls. I have read an article about a fella that came into a hospital after being hit by a train. When asked how the accident happened, he stated that he wanted to see how close he could stand to a moving train before he got hit. He found out ! This may explain our particular psychosis.

Or, it may be the desire to be off the wall a little, or a lot ! This is in comparison to the BIG BOYS with the Greyhound bus size Mhs that citizen the RV parks. They always smile at mine. Sort of like a person with a mastiff dog seeing someone with a Yorkie.It is good to tell these Folks the gas mileage. They get a faraway look in their eye, then the self serving smile kinda leaves, and they say ," Wow!"

They clean their front windows with a ladder, they sweep their green carpet with a vacuum, and take the MH to a sevice center. We do a lot of our own work and know what goes on underneath. Ours are cheaper.

We rock !

I enjoy telling the Greyhound owners the price of my Toyota, which is much less than the sales

tax that they paid for their RV. Actually, in some states the yearly property tax is close to

the price of a Toyota.

Dennis...

Ah, yes, Bro. Shoprat preach it ... the choir is listenin'!!! :D It seems we Toy owners will always be a special breed and we get it, don't we? Yes, we do! Just keep smiling and driving and enjoying the little Toys. Paying the lower price on gas always sounds good!

Darn tootin' we rock!!!

Dianne

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I bought mine so I'd have a motor home that I WOULDN'T be abused by. It hasn't made a liar out of me so far. Normal maintenance only. I've driven past quite a few overheated or otherwise broken behemoth MH's in the mountains as my 22R chugs away with the dash A/C blowing ice-cold. 2.4 liters of work ethic sporting a flywheel! As far as the 6-lug spare? I carry a front only.