Does this look like a good deal?

KC10Chief

I've always liked the old Toyota motor homes. Here's one that's on E-bay that I've been eyeballing. It's $6,500 and looks to be in good shape. It's in California, and I'm in Oklahoma. I'm also moving to Alaska in a few weeks. I'll be driving through California on my way there. Anyways, I'm wondering if this is worth messing with? I'm thinking that a camper like this will be a lot harder to find in Alaska and more expensive. I was thinking that if I bought it, I could store it in California until the spring, fly back down, and drive it back to Anchorage. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...9&viewitem=

I've always liked the old Toyota motor homes. Here's one that's on E-bay that I've been eyeballing. It's $6,500 and looks to be in good shape. It's in California, and I'm in Oklahoma. I'm also moving to Alaska in a few weeks. I'll be driving through California on my way there. Anyways, I'm wondering if this is worth messing with? I'm thinking that a camper like this will be a lot harder to find in Alaska and more expensive. I was thinking that if I bought it, I could store it in California until the spring, fly back down, and drive it back to Anchorage. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Matt

looks like a pretty nice one... approaching high miles... check and see if it has had the timing chain and guides replaced...

never seen that layout on the interior before but i like it.

these things are so much fun... if i were you i would offer the owner 5-6 grand for it and see what happens...

1. Buy it (or a different one) now while its out of season... dont wait until spring or you will pay more.

2. drive it to ALASKA!

you will have a blast.

these things are so much fun.

Matt

That Rig has been on a EBAY a few times.

David

86 Sun Express

Without knowing the actual condition of everything, assuming all is average, the

price sounds a bit high, especially for a 4 cylinder automatic with over 90,000 miles

and being off season.

At $6,500 you should be able to find one a few years newer and with a six cylinder

engine, which the extra power may suit Alaska better.

Also, from the last comment on the ad, it sounds like that the person that listed it is

not the owner.

Dennis...

Thanks for the tips! I really prefer to look at one before I buy it. Is there a way to search all of Craigslist rather than searching by each city? I love Craigslist, but it's hard to find stuff like this sometimes. Also, I am an excellent mechanic. There is nothing on one of these things that I couldn't fix myself. I can also do wood work, upholstery, floors, etc. Still, I'd prefer to buy one that's running good and is in decent shape on the inside too. I appreciate the tips!