1990 dolphin

joni

hi again wondering if anyone knows if the spare tire in the back of a 1990 dolphin should be removed is there is a leak where the bolt is inside the camper.

are there any suggestions on how to solve this problem without taking the tire off? The leak is inside the bathroom cabnet where the bolt is attached to the tire.

Hello,

It sounds like the seal on the bolts are gone / cracked. It might be as simple

as getting rubber washers but on the bolts, or putting some sealer around the

outside of the bolts.

If you think you may have some damage to the wall, the spare tire can be

mounted on the rear bumper (bolt on bumper racks).

Dennis...

Hi Joni,

I have had a similiar problem with my '91 Odyssey. The bolts we're causing stress fractures to the rear wall creating a leak. I would have never known it was there until I pulled up the old carpet. Therefore, I removed the plate and patched the cracks with eternabond temporarily until I can fix it right. I added a small cargo box to the rear when I added a hitch to tow my motorcycle.

I installed the original spare tire chain hoist underneath the chassis. I found the part at www.YOTAYARD.com , they sent me a good used chain hoist with shipping for $35 and came from Denver so there wasn't rust and corrosion. If anyone needs original chassis parts I would recommend looking them up.

Good Luck,

ACE