ants ants ants!

So our RV got invaded overnight while we where parked at a Pirate Festival at a lake in California.

Woke up in the morning to find over a weeks worth of our food eaten and a huge huge bag of our cat food swarmed with thousands and thousands of ants...

They ate everything and got everywhere... and we have now beeen shareing a living area with them for almost 2 weeks... All of our food is stored in ziplock bags, and we have to take the cat outside to feed her now.

We tried several differnt types of ant traps and a industrial shop vacume. We got alot of them but I noticed a trail coming out of the bathroom and when I followed it, fliped up the toilet lid and looked down they came pouring out... I think they are in our pipes!

Has anyone else been invaded or know of a good way to deal with them?

Much Thanks....

I cant wait to take a nap or fall asleep without ants crawling on me again!!!!

You might try a product called The Ant Bully which is a tape with repellant on it that can be wrapped around pipes, electric cords, water hose, sewer hose, etc. Check here for more information www.theantbullies.com. I haven't used it yet, but it does sound like it will keep the little pests out of your motor home. We had a few that showed up in our Dolphin that was parked on the driveway this summer; we put in some ant traps and so far we haven't seen any more ants. Terro is a good brand that works. One person on rv.net said they had ants take over their travel trailer and they got rid of them using Black Flag bombs (not the kind that actually blow up something :w00t: ) placed at the front and rear of the trailer. They emptied all cupboards and left doors open, mattresses lifted and all storage areas opened. Said they had no more ants after that. Sure hope this info will help as it is creepy :blink: having these guys crawling over everything including you. Another thing, if you park under trees, make sure there not any branches touching your roof as they can get in that way too.

Dianne