punched out porch

Hello all,

Newbie here. I own a 1978 toyota Dolphin 22RE 4 cylinder with single rear axle. Problem is my entrance step has been punched out, from a late night visit by a #400 'friend ' one evening.

How to rebuild or replace. Was told to put braces and wooden box in.

Any ideas, step by step please, newbie, newbie.

Thank you all and am glad and relieved to have a forum availiable.

Randy

West sacramento Ca.

I suspect that the reason you arent getting any replies is because how you fix it depends on the structure and the nature and extent of the damage. If I was doing it, I would remove the steps and get underneath and replace what is broken. You may be able just to drop in a new piece of plywood, you may have to replace some of the support structure, it all depends on the damage. This group is great with a ton of knowledge which I tap into regularly. If you can get clear pictures especially from underneath I am sure you will get lots of help.

Tony

• 2 months later...
Hello all,

Newbie here. I own a 1978 toyota Dolphin 22RE 4 cylinder with single rear axle. Problem is my entrance step has been punched out, from a late night visit by a #400 'friend ' one evening.

How to rebuild or replace. Was told to put braces and wooden box in.

Any ideas, step by step please, newbie, newbie.

Thank you all and am glad and relieved to have a forum availiable.

Randy

West sacramento Ca.

Hi Randy-

I have an 85 Dolphin, am also a newbie and also have a busted up step. The previous owner had drilled and put a bolt thrrough the door frame to support the step frame however he drove over something to big and broke it off again. I intend to remove the contraption and build a step that I can pull out after I open the door as I am a rather large man myself, 257lbs, that little step is rather usless anyway.

Chris

Randy,

I have an 83 Sunrader that was dangerous to step out of by using the pull-out step (it sat too close to the body). I removed mine (it saves weight) and carry a step that I got from K-Mart. Wal-Mart carries a taller step that was just a little too tall for my motorhome. The one from K-Mart is perfect, large step surface and lightweight but strong at about $7. I just open the door and place it on the first step in the Sunrader. It doesn't slide around inside and if you drive off and leave it, go to another K-Mart. The first one I bought was a pink color (see pic). I have since replaced it with a black one (looks better to me).

Allen

Sorry, but the picture upload failed