Hello All,

I have noticed that my motorhome is starting to lean to the left.

The leaf springs look okay, that is none appear to be broken.

Should I be trying to level the left/right with the air bags in the rear

or is it time to get new leaf springs? With the air bags I thought the

practice was to keep the same amount of air in both bags, is that correct?

If it is time to get new leaf springs, should I end up getting both sets

replaced? Is it possible to just get another leaf added to the left?

Thanks,

Dennis...

I was just expresssing ( poorly) my thoughts that in these rigs the load is constant. It's not like a truck that is loaded then off loaded, loaded, etc. These vehicles never get a break by being empty. The rear springs determine how the rig sets, which determine how much air you put in the bags and also they determine how much the rig leans on curves and corners. And don't forget ride. I figure, and this is just personal thoughts based on wrench twisting for 35 years, that the closer to new you keep suspension and steering components , the safer , more comfortable, and confident the trip becomes. We are hauling small houses around. Going down the road, the suspension is the houses foundation. I REALLY like feeling stable. New springs would bring this feeling.

Have you replaced the spring bushings? If not, you may have a failed bushing on one side which will cause the spring to sit differently.

I doubt that you have weak springs given that the coach has air suspension also.

What I did when I purchased my Sunrader was to put in an additional Downey ride spring and Bilstein shocks. This allows me to run less air in the ride rite and still have nice rear lift/support. The Bilsteins handle the extra "boing" of the additional ride spring very well

http://www.toymike.com/sunrader/pics/rearSprings.jpg