I just got a 1988 21' dalphin with a 22r and im looking for more power . i read a tropic here that said the cat may get cloged but befor i chang it i was thinking of a turbo has any one done this and if so did it get more power or did it get so much that it got scetchy to drive .

please let me know

:ranting2:

Howdy.

I put a turbo on my 22re. Hp went from about 90 usable to about 150-160. Cost for my kit with a fuel management upgrade ran about 4500 dollars. I should have put in turbo pistons so I could raise the boost pressure higher, but I stayed with the stock configuration pistons. This choice allowed me to cruise down the highway running about 0 to 4 inches of vacuum, but when tthe turbo kicked in the boost went to 4 p.s.i. This choice also will be better for engine longetivity, in my opinion. I have a hard time keeping the MH under sixty mph. It wants to run 65. Going 65 - 70m is no problem. I used to have a hard time gettihg it to fifty with a strong headwind, no problem now.

If ya want more ponies, ya gotta feed 'em. I dropped 3-4 mpg, but gained almost double the hp. Some will dispute my hp figures, but I dealt with a reputable company who does nothing but sell power items for Toyota engines, and that is their estimate.

Hope this helps.