1988 Totota Escaper 4 cyl auto 48,000

Lou

What can you tell me about the Escaper. This unit has 48,000 miles. Looks good but I don't know much about this unit. What can I expect in MPG with the 4 cylinder auto. I will request a pre inspection prior to sale. Any thing to be careful of. The engine, I think i a 22r but I am not sure. What lengtht were these model available in. This one seems short but my research indicates it should be a 21 footer?

What might this motor home be worth?

I would appreciate any suggetions that you folk might have.

Edited by Lou

Hello, a few things to start you off with:

1) make sure it has the recalled upgraded 1-ton rear axle. The 1-tons have six bolt rims and the non-1-tons have five

bolt rims. The non-1-ton axles can and will fail, causing one set of rear wheels to come completely off while driving.

2) you should expect to get about 15mpg while cruising in the 55mph to 60mph range.

3) Price all depends on condition, one that has average wear and does not need anything major to it probably would

be worth in the $4,000 to $8,000 range. Again....all depends on the condition.

4) be sure to check the tires for dry rot on the sidewalls and between the treads. Each tire will cost you about $100 each.

5) check for water damage around the ceiling vents and all side windows. A soft / flex spot around a window usually

means water damage.

6) take the RV for a test drive at highway speeds, be sure you are okay with the performance, and except to go slow

(20 - 30mph) on steep mountain grades. Also, make sure the RV drives nice and stable at highway speeds, anything

less might mean front in issues.