Spare Gas Tank Solution???

bufbooth

Hello All, I have been looking for a safe way to transport a gallon of gas in case I ever run out, okay... in case I run out again, and was looking for a spare tank that installed in the rear mounted spare tire, I saw these sold about 10 years ago for jeeps, and can no longer find them. I did find a one gallon product called "Spare Tank" that they claim is safe to store in one's tank and will not explode like gasoline but will work like gasoline. Has anyone ever used this product, it

can be found at: http://www.rv-news.com/july1999/feature3.htm

Thanks...Dennis...

Whats wrong with one of thoses little red plasic gas cans? If it stored outside under your motorhome it will be fine, if your floor is sealed up air tight.

They say "Spare tank" is non-flammable? it has to be or your car won't run on it, its probably like, not as-flammable, or hardly-flammable. Bet your car runs great on that stuff :umm:

They claim the product is non-flamable, but combustile, which I think means that the

product does not have the flumes that gasoline have, the flumes is usually want makes

gas tanks/cans explode.

My fear with a plastic gas can is that it is not designed like a gas tank. The plastic gas can

does not seal as tight, and as a result will dump gasoline with minor hits, just drop a plastic

gas can from two to three feet and see how much gasoline spills out.

Also, it appears that Penzoil makes the same kind of product.

Dennis...