Ceiling Composition Question

Hi Everyone-

General question on my 1987 Escaper- if this is anything like my typical post WME will be here with exactly the information I needed, so thanks in advance. 

I was poking around the bathroom last weekend and exploring what it would take to do a mild cosmetic refresh. As one things tends to lead to another I ended up taking down some of the ceiling (I can’t help but explore what’s underneath that wallpaper/ how’s this made/ etc.) 

It appears that the ceiling over my bathroom differs from the ceiling over the rest of the Toy and I’m primarily curious if this is typical, or if someone has replaced some ceiling once before. I have attached pictures of the interface between the two ceiling types. Is it typical to have a 1/4” sheet of ply below the insulation, or is the 3 mm sheet of Luan more typical? It also appears that my sheets of insulation differ in thickness. The luan peels apart pretty readily, but there’s no mold or other evidence of water so I don’t plan to replace the rest of the ceiling at the moment. 

Thanks. Off for some car camping even though that feels like sacrilege. 

-Matt

1CAC4A9B-1817-46D2-A79B-3B81CC6446A4.jpeg

3200C71D-DAF6-4164-9AE1-A54566F35136.jpeg

78152ECF-254A-433C-AFCA-B85070772F1D.jpeg

C6E23A4B-DF5F-4972-9EAD-F7A8B9CF3B27.jpeg

C21C7506-4618-402F-8C53-E75DD369BA41.jpeg