First long trip in the Toy

Lance Andrus

Last summer the wife and I took our Toy on our first week long trip.. We had used it for weekend trips to the beach and the mountains, but this was our first long trip in it.

We departed Fayetteville and travelled to Young Harris, Ga to the William Holland Lapidary Arts school. Since the OD didn't work, it was a long trip with the coach slowing to around 25 mph in the Georgia mountains.

Living in the coach for the week was very nice. We don't have a television in the coach so it gave us some quality time to reconnect with each other. Everything worked great except for a small leak in the vicinity of the water heater.

We are taking the same trip again the last week in June. I can't wait. I'm so glad that I purchased my Toy and look forward to many more trips in it.

• 2 years later...
Guest toydolphin

Hey Lance,

Just bought a 1986 Toyota Motorhome with a Coachman camper. Mine is a 22RE engine with a auto trans. I've been trying to pin down what model Coachman this is and your photo sure looks like mine. We live in Fuquay-Varina. Email me at pheckerson@hotmail.com if you will and lets see if we have the same one. Mine has a rear dinette and is 21' with 6 lug wheels.

Thanks,

Phil