hello all,

i need help.

i did smog check right before xmast and it passed everything except "Fuel Evap Test" i knew i had a fuel problem because when i pumped gas i would see it drip on filler hose. 

the next day i was heading to San Francisco and the car was shaky. i took it back to the smog place as i had seen they did some type of adjustment on carburetor when they were doing smog test.

they told me that they can re adjusted to how it was before but when i came back to do smog retest that they would not be able to do any adjustments. so that it was up to me. 

before i went to do retest . i change the filler hose hoping that would take care of the fuel evap problem ..

i also adjusted the carburetor, but that is where i messed up cause i really didn't know how to do that. then the truck started acting funny like it would turn off. and it would be accelerated. when i did the retest it faile because "has idle surge" will need to take to certified auto repair shop to get idle inspected-evap test has gross leak.

can anyone help me / guide me how to adjust carburetor to normal position. i think there are 3 different places to adjust. one is the vacuum, the fuel and the idle. i don't have a picture at the moment but its a 1984 toyota dolphin 22R with carburetor

i've attached both print out when smog check was done. the retest was not actually done because they said it was idle to high and that it would also turn off.

first time smog.PDF

Retest.PDF