The story of the Odyssey Americana rescue

I've decided to create a thread for the ongoing story of the Odyssey Americana that I've rescued from an untimely death.
LINK TO ORIGINAL THREAD: 

CLIFF NOTES: Purchased RV from a friend-of-a-friend because it was going to be junked after sitting for three years. All appliances were removed, along with the bathroom floor. Holes in the side of the RV along with missing roof vents left the interior exposed to the elements with massive water damage from the 3 years it sat (and God only knows how long before-hand). Sections of the floor & walls were rotted. The entire coach frame was bent due to sitting for months with a snow load on the roof. The walls, floor & ceiling were sagging. AC didn't work and the truck wouldn't run for more than a few seconds. Towed it home, tinkered on it for a little while, then it sat behind my garage for 5 years. When it came time to move, my girlfriend at the time & I spent a couple weeks thoroughly cleaning out the interior in preparation for making it usable. The neighbor's cat & mice were living in it for a little while, so it was in MUCH worse shape then when I purchased it. After cleaning it out and fixing it up a bit, we used it for a little while only on AC and 12v power since we had no propane appliances or water due to the missing hot water tank. Now I've finally gotten time time to restore it.

Yes, it's finally happening, after all these years I'm tearing into it to do a complete restomod. Structurally - I'm planning on replacing the walls, roof, floor & repairing/replacing/reinforcing the frame extensions. Cosmetically, I'm planning on leaving the floor plan the same, but adding, replacing & repairing everything on the inside. I'm finally biting the bullet and conquering this project now, even though I have more important ones to do. I had this project slated to start next year, as I was planning on moving out-of-state and getting rid of the majority of stuff that I own, but am hoping to get this completed in order to save money with my move, as I can stay in this instead of renting a 2,500/mo apartment. I'm hoping that I don't get overwhelmed and give up, or something doesn't come along and cause me to abandon the project. I have no help with this, so I'm going to be taking it very slowly so I don't stress myself out too much! I'd love to finish it up and be able to just hop in and go wherever I want for a weekend or more!

I'm thinking of making the RV "theme" match my off-road truck when I do the interior & exterior, and have it resemble a military-style command center. If I go this route, I'll be plasti-dipping the exterior of the RV olive drab; and having a black, olive, and dark grey interior with an industrial/military look to it. That's the thought so far, but it might change as I progress through the restomod.

I'll post pictures as I progress through the stripping and restoration. I'm also going to gather up what pictures I have from the work I started last year and keep everything posted in this one thread.

Edited by ChrisInVT