I have been struggling with getting something to fit my 87 Itasca to keep the screen door shut.  I purchased the standard latch but neither inside or out, could I come up with an easy way to make it work.  I searched the web for other options for quite some time until recently I came across this idea on Pinterest.  The guy did it a bit differently than this but I went with what I have.  I make instrument pickups as a hobby and have lots of leftover magnets from various experiments.  So a steel base plate from a pickup and a rather small piece of a broken neo bar magnet with a bit of epoxy and a couple of screws.

This little magnet doesn't look like much but has a lot of holding power.

epoxy.jpg

I screwed a tapped piece of steel to the aluminum door and then cut the screws flush.

latchplate.jpg

And epoxied the magnet to the door jamb where it would catch the plate.  The thickness is just slightly under the size of the EPDM weather strip gasket I installed around the door jamb.  I'll clean up the epoxy with a file after it sets for a day or so.

magnet.jpg