Replacing carpet in the cab

New to us 84 Dolphin...

Online purchase of custom fit pile carpet for a Toyota Hilux Extended Cab. Cost only a little more for extended cab and includes an extra foot or two of carpet. Came in today. We ordered a color that goes with the original dashboard and trim colors. "Saddle" they call it.

Taking out the old carpet, I learned that the Dolphin folks fastened the carpet down with just a little glue, and 1/4" hex-head self tapping screws.

I've got the carpet half way removed. I'll continue tomorrow... when I get tired I get careless... need a Fresh Start.

We got a deal on 52" wide automotive seat fabric of around $13.45 per yard. Ordered 32 yards and are having a friend re-upholster all of the cushions. When it delivered, it was actually 60" wide which would have called for eight yards less fabric. Checked again and sure enough the description online (and for all other sellers) says 52".

Will cover the cab door panels with the fabric, removing the old plaid Herculon.

Ordered WetOkole seat covers for the front.

The carpet is installed.

Lesson learned: Use a hole-saw to cut holes for the bolts for the seat and seatbelts.

The upholstery looks great.

The seat covers won't be delivered until we leave for our 30 day trip. Hope to get to the door panels before we go.

Tested the roof and windows for leaks with a garden hose. Good thing... found a leak.

Using Elastibond tape for the roof penetrations. Also get to re-set some of the windows.

Fred3