Calling all Dolphins

D J Dolphin 86

Hello we have a 1986 dolphin 300 series

we are wondering what size tires other dolphin owners use with the rear tires we have 185r14 in the front and 195/14 in back looking at getting 185/r14/d but not sure if I should get the larger 195r14 wich seems harder to find tires for it...

When I bought the truck I handnt realized their was a few bubbles in the sidewall of the outer right rear wheel, Im going to purchase the 185 r 14 unless anyone can suggest other.. I also found out...

last night when I broght it to a mechanic friend who then showed me I have air ride along with my leaf springs and sure enough the right rear is flat not sure if that could go along with the damage to the tire so pretty confused at this point, going to try an fill it in the morning... anythought on the tires? what do you run? size, brand...

also anyone replace a boot or the air ride before? were can I even find out about them. Are they aftermarket?

we are wondering what size tires other dolphin owners use with the rear tires we have 185r14 in the front and 195/14 in back looking at getting 185/r14/d but not sure if I should get the larger 195r14 wich seems harder to find tires for it...

When I bought the truck I handnt realized their was a few bubbles in the sidewall of the outer right rear wheel, Im going to purchase the 185 r 14 unless anyone can suggest other.. I also found out...

last night when I broght it to a mechanic friend who then showed me I have air ride along with my leaf springs and sure enough the right rear is flat not sure if that could go along with the damage to the tire so pretty confused at this point, going to try an fill it in the morning... anythought on the tires? what do you run? size, brand...

also anyone replace a boot or the air ride before? were can I even find out about them. Are they aftermarket?

My Dolphin's tires are Canadian trailer tires (I don't live in Canada). I can't check on the size right now. I thought these trailer tires were going to have to be junked, but my mechanic friend said they are great. Who would have known!? Trailer tires on a motorhome!? As for the airbags, I have never heard of them being stock, almost always aftermarket. A nice addition. Very easy to change the airbag, or it could just be the air line got damaged. Put air in it though, maybe there is just a very slow leak you could live with.

We have a '84 Dolphin 300. Replaced the tires when we got it, but were sold the wrong tires for a motorhome. We drove around for awhile with passenger tires not rated for the weight of our mh...BIG huh oh. Had them replaced with Yokohama 185R14 Y356 and the difference is very noticeable with a much smoother ride and better handling. Be sure and have metal valve stems installed when you get the new tires. We don't have air bags on our mh so can't comment on that. We do enjoy our new tires and recommend the Yokohamas.

Smooth riding!

Charles & Dianne & The Boys

I just replaced with Hankook 185 R 14's @ $85.00 each.

The ride is very good. As far as the airbag. no one could find bags to fit my '84 Dolphin so I went with Timbrens.

Talk about stability. No lean on corners! Look them up @ Timbrens .com.

T.A.J.